Please Cut The Crap is a great site for those who want to reinforce why they will vote FOR Obama and the Democrats in November, and for those who need ammunition to argue politics with their friends or neighbors or somebody on Facebook.
|Glitter farting unicorn cookies from glamatheart.tumblr.com .|
Please check it out frequently, as new articles are added every couple of days.
In particular, they have an absolutely great list of Obama's accomplishments.
Here's the intro to that great article:
If you're one of those folks who thinks President Obama is a "disappointment," you haven't been paying attention the last few years. And those of you who try to draw comparisons with the Bush Administration should put away the hallucinogens and have your memory checked. ... But please join the real world. So far, this president has done most of what he said he would do if elected; imagine what he could have done by now if progressives had supported him and not given him a Congress that doesn't look at him as if he's the demon seed.
Not only is he NOT a "disappointment," he's pretty much the opposite. And no, I don't just say that because he took out Osama bin Laden, helped Libya determine their own destiny for the first time in a while, and because he seems able to handle international incidents without starting a new war. The guy does nearly everything we elect a president to do, and he doesn't brag about it constantly.
Is he perfect? No, he's human. Does he deserve some criticism? I suppose, but I must admit I haven't seen any complaints that were of based on anything having to do with the real world. One I can't forgive him for is pulling Janet Napolitano out of Arizona. But the thing is, on balance, he's mostly stellar. Besides, criticism about certain specific problems is one thing; taking on an overall "Obama sucks" meme not only has the potential to put Willard Romney into power, it's also a lie.
Just because you wanted a president who would give you a glitter-farting unicorn and didn't quite get that doesn't mean he's not doing well at the job we hired him for.
I do like that glitter-farting unicorn line. (The unicorn cookies from glamatheart.tumblr.com look intriguing as well. And, about the whole article, you'd better believe it.. Republicans and Democrats alike need to read this article.
Just a couple of items from Please Cut the Crap's accomplishments. I'm trying to list things that were new to me... Get your butt over to that site to read the rest!.
- Legislative Prowess Despite the characterizations of some, Obama’s success rate in winning congressional votes on issues was an unprecedented 96.7% for his first year in office. Though he is often cited as superior to Obama, President Lyndon Johnson’s success rate in 1965 was only 93%. http://n.pr/i3d7cY
- Economic Recovery & Policy He created a $60 billion bank to fund infrastructure improvements such as roads and bridges. http://bit.ly/e1SSaQ
- He dismantled the Minerals Management Service, thereby moving to cut ties between energy companies and the government. http://nyti.ms/bw1MLu
- Consumer Protection He established a Consumer Protection Financial Bureau designed to protect consumers from financial sector excesses. http://bit.ly/fnTayj
- He oversaw and then signed the most sweeping food safety legislation since the Great Depression. http://thedc.com/gxkCtP
- Civil Rights and Worker's Rights Under his watch, National Labor Relations Board has issued final rules that require all employers to prominently post employees' rights where all employees or prospective employees can see it, including websites and intranets, beginning November 2011. http://1.usa.gov/qu2EhQ