Monday, January 23, 2012

My Reply To A Ron Paul Supporter

My Reply to a Ron Paul supporter: 


On a thread at the Facebook page "Republicans Bigotry, Hate, Fear, Lies and Distortion", Charles wrote: "Hey us Paulbots are okay, we are all after the same goals, NO corruption? Am I right? I mean really do not let the party stand in the way... It is the individual that needs to be judged and Newt, Mitt all of them are no good. Ron is the honest one.." 


No, Charles, I am not after the same thing as Ron Paul. This is the 21st century, not the end of the 19th century, and this "every man for himself" stuff won't help us as we compete with countries that care about their citizens. It's called "Progress".



It's believing that we as a country aren't great if we have legions of people living in poverty, living without health care, living without access to good, first-class education. I do not want to be part of a Ron Paul world or a Ron Paul country. I care too much about this country, and I want to see it as great as it should be. 

About Ron Paul's honesty: If he lied about not knowing what racist ideas were published under his name, he is not honest. If he is honest that he had no idea what extreme racist ideas were being published under his name, he is too incompetent to hold public office. If you or I had something written under our names, perhaps a report for work, that had glaring errors or omissions, and our boss asked us if we wrote it, how far would we get if we said, "Yep, my name is on that report, but I didn't write it, my subordinate did. Blame him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...